One of the most important step in discovering yourself is to meditate . Yoga is a way to keep your body healthy to facilitate meditation , but it is meditation which will eventually help you achieve eternal happiness .
With this fast paced life , all the modern technologies surrounding you and with all the demands to keep up with this ever changing world , its very easy to get stressed . With meditation , you can actually take a moment to yourself and give your mind a much needed rest and help it to let go of all the stress of the day .
After reading a lot about the ways to meditate , I have narrowed down some points which helps me and makes it easier to make meditation a daily habit .
1. Calming Sounds : One thing which helps me a lot to meditate is to listen to some meditation audios or just some sounds of waves or rain , whatever makes you calmer . Those sounds makes it really easy to let go of the thoughts .
2. Morning Meditation : Try to take out 10 mins first thing in the morning to let in all the positive vibrations to start your day with a fresh and positive mind.
3. Evening Meditation : At the end of the day sit for another 10 mins to cleanse your mind of the chaos of the day before going to bed.
4. Concentrate on Breathing : Although there are many techniques for meditating , the simplest one to start with is to follow your breath . Just concentrate on your breath going in and expanding your chest and concentrate on your stomach when you are exhaling . Just keep switching between observing inhalation and exhalation .
5. Sit Comfortably : Easy Lotus pose is the one of the best posture for meditation , but you can sit on a chair or lie down if that feels comfortable to you as long as it keeps your alert and your spine is straight .
6. Don’t try too hard : Mind is designed to keep millions of thoughts in it at the same time .Don’t try to push it too hard to suddenly let go of its unique nature . Give it time . If you find yourself coming back from observing your breath to your thoughts, just observe these thoughts for a few moments and then go back to breath . With time you will find that this to and fro is happening less frequently and one day you will find your moment of peace .
I will keep posting about my progress and experiences with meditation
May you and I find peace 🙂